Trying to Hire Effective Online Marketers is a Crap Shoot !
Don’t gamble with your company’s success.
I will help you professionally vet the agencies and contractors you’re looking at and I will save you thousands of dollars by helping you negotiate their fee agreement so that it’s in your best interest, not theirs.
Let me help you hire your next online marketer.
I will professionally vet the agencies and contractors that you are considering and save you thousands by helping you negotiate their fee agreement in your best interest.
After 25 years in the online marketing agency world I know what good digital looks like and I know how agencies and contractors work.
Hiring effective online marketers is tough. There are people on every street corner in America who call themselves online marketers, they all have slick websites and they all know exactly what to say… but only a tiny fraction of them actually have the talent and skills they claim to have, the rest, they are just learning on your dime. That’s why so many business owners have nightmare stories about hiring online marketers who promised them the world and then fail to deliver. I will professionally vet the agencies and contractors you’re considering and I can save you thousands by helping you negotiate their fee agreement so that it’s in your best interest, not theirs.
Hire the right online marketers the first time!
As an ex- Google Premier agency owner with over 25 years of online marketing agency experience. I know how agencies and contractors operate. I want to share that experience with you.
Over the last 25 years, I’ve seen so many businesses fail in their online marketing efforts. The common point of failure lies in the client’s inability to appropriately vet the agency or contractor they hired. If you can’t tell the difference between a good online marketer or a bad one, you’re at a big disadvantage. In my experience only about 1 in 40 online marketers has the skill and experience they claim to have. Let me help you avoid the costly mistake of hiring a sub par marketer.
I know what a good digital team looks like. As the founder and managing partner of a Google Premier agency (top 2% worldwide), I know what exceptional online marketers can achieve . I have developed a vetting checklist that allows me to say with great certainty whether or not an agency has the necessary depth of skills and experience to achieve you goals for you.
My only goal is to look out for your digital best interest .
My Agency Vetting Checklist
Below you’ll find the checklist I use to properly vet online marketing agencies. With people on every street corner calling themselves online marketers, it is imperative to do proper due diligence to ensure that you hire the right marketers for your unique needs. You can use it on your own, or save time and money by allowing me to vet them for you.
1. I start with in-depth research on the agency.
– How long have they been in business?
– Who owns the agency, who is on their leadership team?
– How many employees?
– What services do they offer?
– What business verticals do theywork with?
– What budget levels will they work with?
2. I take a deep look at their team using LinkedIn.
– I look at the depth of experience of their leadership
– I look at the experience of their frontline employees ?
– How many people on their SEO team, PPC team, etc?
– Is their team structured properly to accommodate growth.
– How long have employees been there
3. I do a phone interview with the agency owner and leadership.
– I want to know their business philosophy.
– What are their strengths and weaknesses?
– How do they keep clients happy?
– How do they handle reporting and client communications?
– How do they attract and keep top talent?
– How do they handle growth, while maintaining high client satisfaction?
4. I personally interview 3 to 5 active clients
– Do the clients feel they are getting the value they hoped?
– Are they happy with the level of communication and attention?
– Do they feel that the agency is proactive?
– What would they change to be better?
5. I look at their Glass Door reviews
– What is their rate of employee turnover?
– Do current or past employees respect or fear management?
– Are their any hints as to problems in-house?
1 Simple Rule for Hiring Effective Online Marketers
There might have been a time when you could have hired just about anyone to do your online marketing and you might have been successful, but not any more. Your competitors are online now and they want that sale or that new client just as much as you do.
You’re not competing against your competitors directly anymore. You’re competing against the online marketing team they hired.
Your job in hiring online marketers is to hire an agency or a contractor that is smarter, more skilled and more competitive than the team your competitors hired. Do you know how to do that? If you can’t tell the difference between the exceptional online marketer and the mediocre one, you’re already at a disadvantage. Click on this video to learn how we can help.
Disclaimer: In this article I share strategies for hiring the right online marketers for your particular business. I don’t care who you hire, I am not aligned with any agency. I share this with you only in hopes of helping you find and hire effective digital marketers and avoid getting
One of our clients, a top personal injury law firm in a large, highly-competitive market, hired us to audit their online marketing agency. For seven years, they had been with one of the three largest agencies in the country who service the legal vertical. What we found in that audit
When we opened our doors almost two years ago, our intent was to be the world’s first company to offer completely independent, third-party, full spectrum auditing of SEO, paid media (PPC) and social media. We chose the name Strictly Auditing as a way to differentiate ourselves from the bevy of biased